It really is a family business with wife Sue and my two sons Thomas and Charlie, other family members and friends all helping to contribute ‘candle ideas’. As most small businesses I started out in early 2014 (after retiring in December 2013 from my career role as a Behavioural Psychologist) from my kitchen table at home. The business grew so much that in March 2016 I moved into my current premises which consists of a studio and retail shop situated in the Heart of The National Forest. I also run Candle Making Workshops in my studio and these are proving to be extremely popular.
Over the last 6 years the business has developed through attending shows, events, my retail shop, online and through a social media focus. The result is Clive’s Candles has remarkably grown from one small, smelly candle to what you see here:
- Candles In A Tin – choice of 29 fragrances
- Massage Oil Candles – choice of 3 fragrances
- Reed Diffusers – choice of 12 fragrances
- Hand & Body Wash – choice of 5 fragrances
- Scented Stones – choice of 3 fragrances
- Gift Sets – choice of 5 different gift combinations
- Personalised Candles & Wedding Favours
- Candle Making Workshops
And of course, traditional Christmas Candles (my favourites!)
- Candles In A Tin – choice of 7 festive fragrances
- Reed Diffusers – choice of 4 festive fragrances
- Scented Stones – in 1 festive fragrance
Thanks for learning about us and if you've bought a candle, reed diffuser, body wash or scented stone from us anywhere then I hope you enjoy them!